The R version of dparser is meant to be used as a package library where you link the C parser to an arbitrary grammer parsed in R. This is what is used in
Differences between the R dparser port and the C-version of dparser
There are a few differences between the R dparser port and the standard dparser:
- The R version uses R memory managment instead of C’s memory managment i.e.
- The R version is never called from the command line, so all command line interface is removed
- The R version doesn’t exit from the command (killing R), but errors out in R.
- All outputs are using R’s output interface instead of printing to
- Some convience functions are added to translate (and maybe parse) grammers within R.
- There is currently some fixes for un-sanitized behaviors that are not in the upstream dparser
- Currently there isn’t an interface to use binary grammars